We're building the best tools for everyday government work. We focus on making confusing tasks clear and due diligence easy. Writing should be a joy.
About the Role
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make AI accessible to anyone working in government, regardless of their technical savvy. You will work closely with the founders to help build a delightful user experience that makes writing legislation (among other things) a breeze.
Examples of what you could do:
- Train and fine-tune a Large Language Model (LLM) to generate sophisticated writing.
- Develop advanced prompting and data strategies to make the best use of 3rd-party AI tools, such as those from OpenAI, via API.
- Create and curate large datasets from publicly-available sources.
- Detect various biases and problem areas in legal codes around the country.
- Build novel AI tools end-to-end, finding a good balance between state-of-the-art and pragmatism.
- Work with a variety of large, unstructured data sources to train and test models.
- Deploy LLM and multi-modal applications in production, evaluating and improving their performance over time.
- Identify new opportunities for AI solutions throughout the organization and implement them.
- Programmatically acquire, transform, and use different document types to augment AI processes.
- Compose model-related tooling and build it when necessary (e.g. Langchain, Sudolang)
- An experienced software developer
- Someone who values simplicity
- Passionate about using AI for public benefit
- Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
- Excited to push the boundaries of your knowledge and do so independently
- Significant experience with AI or machine learning engineering.
- A strong understanding of LLMs and multi-modal models
- An eye for design
- A bias for shipping fast and talking to users
- Good communication
- Strong writing skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience working with and fine-tuning Large Language Models
- Experience building scalable applications with LLMs, using frameworks such as LangChain, LlamaIndex, etc.
- Experience building cloud-based web applications
To harness AI as a force for good, we need an exceptional and unique team. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
The range of base compensation for roles in this area of Legislaide is typically $150,000 - $200,000. Compensation offered will be determined by additional factors such as location and experience.